Listen up the pets of Australia. Here is the important nutritional information on blueberries and why you need to ensure your pet has a healthy amount contained their daily food intake.
This delicious, low calorie fruit may be small, but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for in nutritional content. Blueberries remain one of the most nutritious, antioxidant-rich fruits and is often referred to as a Superfood.
Many of health benefits of blueberries include the following:
- Rich in Antioxidants – Packed full of antioxidants to help fight free radical damage in dogs and cats
- Maintains Health Bones and Decrease Inflammation – Rich in iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin K and manganese. Because of its antioxidant content, blueberries show great anti-inflammatory properties in dog and cats
- Skin and Coat – Essential nutrients including vitamin C to maintain healthy skin and coat in pets
- Promotes Heart Health – Great fibre source as well as potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrients.
- Weight management and Digestive Support - Helps prevent constipation and maintain regularity in pets due to its fibre content
- Support Brain Function – Loaded with antioxidants which can help prevent the brain from free radical damage
Blueberries are nutrient-dense, meaning there are not a lot of calories in blueberries. Plus, they are packed full of vitamins and minerals. Blueberries contain concentrated amounts of vitamin A, vitamin K, folate, zinc, iron, phosphorus, manganese and vitamin C, all of which are necessary nutritional inclusions in dog and cat diets. In addition to this, blueberries are particularly high in fibre which supports healthy digestion in pets.
Fortunately, in Australia due to the abundant spread of blueberry farms, Vetalogica can source blueberries for 10 months of the year, allowing only the best quality blueberries to be included in all Vetalogica Naturals pet foods.
Overall, blueberry is a great Superfood offering an abundance of nutrients to pets. Vetalogica Naturals pet foods features Australian farm-fresh blueberries in the appropriate amounts to help unlock these nutritional benefits for dogs and cats.